Food Safety Level 1 online training at a glance
- Meets the UK’s mandatory training requirement for food handlers
- Covers the key syllabus of RQF level 1 food safety qualifications
- Written by Richard Sprenger, renowned food safety expert and author
- CPD-accredited training
- Self-paced study hosted online
- Compatible with desktop, laptop and tablet devices
- Accessible with features including audio voiceover and transcript
- PDF certificate available immediately on completion
- Accredited by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading provider of regulated food safety qualifications
- Approximate duration: 2 to 3 hours
Food safety and food hygiene ratings are never far from the news.
Sharing local establishments’ food hygiene ratings is a popular topic of engagement on many social media channels and in local newspapers, and unfortunately, it’s often those scoring at the lower end of the scale that make headlines.
Effective food safety and hygiene training isn’t just for businesses with a kitchen, it applies equally to businesses selling pre-packaged food and can help protect your business and ensure you avoid unwanted publicity.
Ensure your staff understand their role in maintaining food safety with a course written by one of the world’s leading food safety experts, Richard Sprenger, and accredited by the UK’s leading organisation for regulated food safety qualifications.
This online food safety and hygiene training course is ideal for those who work with pre-packaged foods or in low-risk catering environments.
Food businesses must, by law, ensure that all staff have received the appropriate level of safety and hygiene training commensurate with their role and risk.
It is a useful induction programme for those undertaking work-experience in a food business, and for anyone with a keen interest in learning more about the basic principles of food safety and hygiene.
This online course is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are not directly involved in the preparation or handling of high-risk foods, but work in an environment where food is handled elsewhere or only deal with low-risk foods. It is also ideal for those working with pre-packaged or wrapped food.
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Safe handling and the storage of food
- Personal hygiene
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection